Tadalafil contains the active substance tadalafil which belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.
Tadalafil is used to treat adult men with:
Erectile dysfunction. This is when a man cannot get, or keep a hard, erect penis suitable for sexual activity. Tadalafil has been shown to significantly improve the ability of obtaining a
hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity. Following sexual stimulation Tadalafil works by helping the blood vessels in your penis to relax, allowing the flow of blood into your penis.
The result of this is improved erectile function. Tadalafil will not help you if you do not have erectile dysfunction.It is important to note that Tadalafil does not work if there is no sexual
stimulation. You and your partner will need to engage in foreplay, just as you would if you were not taking a medicine for erectile dysfunction.
Urinary symptoms associated with a common condition called benign prostatic hyperplasia. This is when the prostate gland gets bigger with age. Symptoms include difficulty in starting to pass water, a feeling of not completely emptying the bladder and a more frequent need to pass water even at night. Tadalafil improves blood flow to, and relaxes the muscles of, the prostate and bladder which may reduce symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Tadalafil has been shown to improve these urinary symptoms as early as 1-2 weeks after starting treatment.
This is a generic product, therefore depending on availability, the brand you receive may not be the same as the one pictured but will be equally effective.
Uses / Instructions
HOW TO TAKE
One Tadalafil tablet should be taken as part of a consistent, daily routine. It is important to ensure that Tadalafil is taken at the same time each day without fail to ensure effectiveness.
In the event that you forget to take a does, you should attempt to take your next tablet as soon as you remember and not wait for another 24 hours. Tadalafil tablets may be ingested with food if necessary.
Improved hardness and maintenance of an erection will typically be noticeable in 24 hours. In some cases, however, it may take several daily doses before an improvement is noticeable. Men taking Tadalafil Daily should not rely on the immediate effects of the medication. It is also important for men not to increase their dosage in response to a perceived ineffectiveness.
- Tadalafil Daily tablets should be taken at the same time each day and users should not exceed the prescribed dosage at any point.
- Should you accidentally take more than one tablet in a short period of time, seek medical advice at the earliest opportunity.
- Tadalafil tablets should never be split and prescribed dosages should never be tampered with as this can reduce effectiveness of this erectile dysfunction medication
- Never take Tadalafil Daily in conjunction with any other impotence medications such as Viagra, Sildenafil or Cialis
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption when taking Tadalafil as this can lead to increased heart rate, dizziness, headaches and a drop in blood pressure.
- Never take Tadalafil Daily alongside recreational drugs. When combined with Tadalafil, amyl nitrite and butyl nitrite (typically found in drugs such as “poppers”) can lower blood pressure to unsafe levels.
- Never take Tadalafil if you believe you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Allergic reactions may include rashes, hives, difficulty swallowing, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the lips, tongue or throat. If you are unsure as to you may react to the medication, you should consult your healthcare provider before taking Tadalafil.
- Do not take Tadalafil Daily if you have ingested or believe you may have ingested nitrates such as isosorbide dinitrate or isosorbide mononitrate (common medications prescribed for chest pains).
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Tadalafil.
Be aware that sexual activity carries a possible risk to patients with heart disease because it puts an extra strain on your heart. If you have a heart problem you should tell your doctor.
- Before taking the tablets, tell your doctor if you have:
- sickle cell anaemia (an abnormality of red blood cells).
- multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow).
- leukaemia (cancer of the blood cells).
- any deformation of your penis.
- a serious liver problem.
- a severe kidney problem.
Since benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer may have the same symptoms, your doctor will check you for prostate cancer before starting treatment with Tadalafil for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Tadalafil does not treat prostate cancer.
It is not known if Tadalafil is effective in patients who have had:
- pelvic surgery.
- removal of all or part of the prostate gland in which nerves of the prostate are cut (radical nonnerve-sparing prostatectomy).
If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop taking Tadalafil and contact your doctor immediately.
Decreased or sudden hearing loss has been noted in some patients taking tadalafil. Although it is not known if the event is directly related to tadalafil, if you experience decreased or sudden hearing loss, stop taking Tadalafil and contact your doctor immediately.
Tadalafil should not be used as treatment of erectile dysfunction or benign prostatic hyperplasia by women because these are health problems specific to men.
All prescription medications are known to pose a slight risk. A small percentage of men may experience mild side effects from taking Tadalafil, including headaches, flushes, indigestion, stuffy or runny noses, back pain or muscle aches.
In the vast majority of cases, these minor side effects subside within a matter of hours. In more serious cases, issues such as back pain may persist for 12 to 24 hours.
In the unlikely event that side effects relating to Tadalafil Daily last longer than this, you should take advice from a medical professional. Similarly, if you suffer from an erection that won’t subside (typically lasting more than 4 hours), seek immediate medical help to avoid long-term injury.
In very rare cases, Tadalafil Daily can cause a sudden loss of vision or hearing. If you experience these symptoms, feel dizzy or suffer from ringing in the ears, stop taking your medication immediately and consult your pharmacist or GP.
For a full list see the patient information leaflet
The active ingredient is Sildenafil. For a full list of ingredients see the patient information leaflet of the pack you receive.