Who is Optibac Every Day for?
Friendly bacteria supplement for those wanting to take a high quality, daily good bacteria supplement. An easy, sugar-free alternative to yoghurts and yoghurt drinks.
- Each capsule contains 5 billion live cultures + 88mg of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Bestselling supplement containing 6 different friendly bacteria strains from the Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and Lactococcus genera
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Every Day is a synbiotic supplement, which means it combines live cultures and Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres
- Easy-to-take capsule
- Recommended for daily use
- Suitable for: vegetarians, women during pregnancy and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
- Suitable from 1 year onwards. For those unable to swallow capsules open and mix contents with cool food/drinks
- No added sugars
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures
- We’ve reduced the plastic in this packaging by 96%. We no longer use plastic containers
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available to buy in two pack sizes of 30 or 90 capsules – serving size is 1 capsule per day.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
How many strains is best in a live cultures supplement?
The number of strains of friendly bacteria is not the most important factor to consider when choosing a live cultures supplement. It is far more important to select a supplement containing high quality friendly bacteria strains which have been featured in numerous clinical studies. Every Day contains robust strains of the highest quality, including the world-renowned Lactobacillus acidophilus/helveticus Rosell-52 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11®, scientifically proven to survive stomach acidity and reach the gut alive1.
How does Every Day compare in price to other daily friendly bacteria supplements?
Every Day is a very competitively priced friendly bacteria supplement. When comparing it with other brands, you should check the CFU billions count on each product, the daily number of capsules required, the number of capsules in each pack, and the quality of the strains. Each capsule of Every Day contains 5 billion CFU of the highest quality probiotic strains, and the dose required is just one capsule per day. A high-quality supplement always lists the full strain names of the bacteria, not just the species, so you can check the number of clinical studies they have been featured in. Based on this, Every Day out-performs many other similar strength products currently on the market, not only on price, but also on quality of the strains it contains.
Should I take friendly bacteria every day?
Yes, it is safe and generally advisable to take your friendly bacteria supplement daily. Good bacteria colonise in the gut for a few weeks but research1,2,3 suggests that the good bacteria strains will not persist in the gut without regular supplementation, so for this reason you might wish to take them regularly.
Can you take live cultures long term?
This may depend on why you are taking them: some people like to take specific strains at certain times, for example during pregnancy, when travelling abroad, or during the winter flu season. However, if you prefer general daily supplementation, then take your supplements every day. There is no current research to suggest the body becomes dependent on good bacteria, so long-term supplementation is also fine.