Eropid (Sildenafil) 50mg contain the active ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate. Eropid (Sildenafil) is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction in men. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, enabling more blood to flow into the penis, making it easier to get an erection.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) has been defined as the inability to obtain and/or maintain an erection hard enough for satisfactory sexual intercourse. It can occur occasionally or frequently, and men are able to self-recognise the condition. The severity of the condition varies from mild (a soft erection) to severe (no erection at all).
What causes Erectile Dysfunction?
It can be caused by several different factors, both physical and psychological, which in turn can cause issues with confidence, self-esteem and depression.
The main physical factors are; Diabetes due to inadequate blood flow. For example, constricted blood vessels or furred up arteries. Issues that affect the heart also often affect ED, e.g. smoking.
Heavy drinking. The side effects of prescribed drugs. This includes drugs that are used to treat high blood pressure or heart disease.
The main psychological factors are:
- sexual boredom
- relationship conflicts
Once this item is purchased you will get a call from our pharmacist who will ask you a few questions regarding general health and if you are using any medications so our pharmacist can assess the suitability of this medication for you.
Uses / Instructions
Adult men: one 50mg tablet taken with water approximately one hour before sexual activity. The maximum recommended dosing is once per day.
Eropid can be taken with or without food.
- Eropid cannot be used by persons below the age of 18 years of age.
- When this medicine is taken after a high-fat meal, it may take a little longer to start working.
- Drinking alcohol excessively can temporarily reduce a man’s ability to get an erection.
- To get the maximum benefit from your medicine, you are advised not to drink large amounts of alcohol before sexual activity.
Do NOT take if you:
- Do not have an erection problem
- Take any nitrate medicine for chest pain or heart failure
- Take ritonavir for the treatment of HIV
- Have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of a problem with your blood vessels
- Have a severe heart or liver problem
- Have low blood pressure
- Have ever had severe vision loss or a rare inherited eye disease
- Have a deformed penis
- Have an allergy to any of the ingredients in this product
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking if you:
- Get very breathless or feel chest pain with light or moderate physical activities
- Have a heart problem
- Have high blood pressure that is not controlled
- Take any other medicines listed in the package leaflet
- Take any other treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Ever had a persistent erection that lasted for more than 4 hours
- Have a stomach ulcer or bleeding disorder
- Have diagnosed mild to moderate liver problems
- Have diagnosed severe kidney problems
See the patient information leaflet for more details and make sure to read before using this medicine.
Patients who have conditions which may predispose them to priapism (such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma or leukaemia), should consult a doctor before using agents for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, including sildenafil.
Prolonged erections and priapism have been occasionally reported with sildenafil in post-marketing experience.
In the event of an erection that persists longer than 4 hours, seek immediate medical assistance. If priapism is not treated immediately, penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency could result.
As dizziness and altered vision were reported in clinical trials with sildenafil, users should be aware of how they react to this medicine, before driving or operating machinery.
The most commonly reported adverse reactions in clinical studies among sildenafil treated patients were:
- nasal congestion
- hot flush
- visual disturbance
- blurred vision
Always read the enclosed leaflet before use.
The other ingredients are:
- Tablet core: cellulose powder, colloidal silicon (anhydrous), calcium phosphate dibasic (anhydrous), croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate,
- Film coat: hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171), triacetin, indigotine aluminium lake (E132), brilliant blue aluminium lake (E133), tartrazine aluminium lake (E102).
See patient information leaflet for more details.