Benylin Children’s Chesty Coughs Non Drowsy provides effective relief from children’s chesty coughs without causing drowsiness. Sugar and colour free, this cough syrup helps your child loosen mucus in the chest and soothe coughing.
Features of Benylin Childrens’s Cough Non Drowsy:
- Sugar and colour free
- Contains guaifenesin which helps thin and loosen mucus
- Strawberry flavour
- Suitable for children from 6 years
What it does
Chesty coughs are caused by a build-up of mucus.
BENYLIN® Children’s Chesty Coughs contains guaifenesin which helps thin and loosen mucus, and provides effective relief without causing drowsiness.
How it works
It is sugar free and comes in a strawberry flavour. Suitable for children from 6 years.
What is a chesty cough?
Chesty coughs are caused by a build-up of phlegm and the cough mechanism kicks in to try and get rid of this excess phlegm to get it out of the body.
Uses / Instructions
- For oral use only.
- Do not use more than the stated dose shown.
- Only available at the pharmacy counter
Dosage: Children 6-12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls 4 times daily
No more than 4 doses should be given in any 24hours. If symptoms persist for more than 5 days, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
Not suitable for children under 6 years.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old.
- Do not use more than 4 doses in 24 hours. Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Ask a doctor before use if your child suffers from chronic cough, if he/she has asthma or is suffering from an acute asthma attack.
- Stop use and ask a healthcare professional if your child’s cough lasts for more than 5 days, comes back, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache.
- Do not give with any other cough and cold medicines.
- Diabetics: This product contains Sorbitol.
- (Carbohydrate content approximately 1.78 g per 5 ml).
Advice for older children and adults:
As with all similar medicines, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist or worsen.
Possible side effects:
- Decreased uric acid levels.
- Stomach pain.
See packaging/patient information leaflet for details.
Each 5ml of Cough Syrup contains: Guaifenesin 50 mg
Also contains: Sorbitol Liquid (E420) and Sodium (14.88 mg/5 mL)