Benylin Chesty Coughs Original is a medicine which is used to help relieve coughing and related congestion symptoms. The liquid contains diphenhydramine which is an antihistamine that helps relieve coughing and dry secretions in the nose and chest and levomenthol which helps you breathe more easily by relieving congestion.
Uses / Instructions
For oral use only.
- Adults and Children aged 12 years and over: Two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- Do not use more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
As with all similar medicines, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist.
Warnings relating to Benylin Chesty Coughs Original:
Do not take this medicine if:
- You have suffered with a bad reaction to this product, or any of the listed ingredients.
- You have a persistent cough such as occurs with asthma or produces a lot of mucus.
- You suffer from prostate problems (difficulty in passing water or needing to pass water often.)
- You are taking any other cough or cold medicine.
- You have narrow eye glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- You are taking drugs for depression known as MAOI’s.
See patient information leaflet for more details.
Side effects relating to Benylin Chesty Coughs Original:
This medicine can have side effects, like all medicines, although these do not effect everyone and are usually mild. If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate help:
- Swelling of the face, lips or tongue.
- Allergic reactions including skin rashes (which may be severe and include blistering or peeling of the skin and itching)
- Irregular heart rate.
- Fits or numbness.
- Difficulty passing water.
Benylin Chesty Coughs Original contains:
- Each 5 ml contains: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 14.0 mg, L-menthol, 2.0 mg
- Also contains: Liquid Glucose, Sucrose, Ethanol, Glycerol, Sodium Citrate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Ammonium Chloride, Caramel T12 (E150), Raspberry flavour, Carbomer, Ponceau 4R (E124) and water.