Pirinase Allergy is used to treat and prevent the allergic symptoms of hayfever and other airborne allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies. It relieves symptoms including sneezing, itchy and watery eyes and a runny, itchy or blocked-up nose, for up to 24 hours.
The active ingredient is fluticasone propionate, a corticosteroid which, when used every day, has an anti-inflammatory action and works in a similar way to natural body chemicals to control inflammation. This spray helps to control your body’s reactions to allergens (‘triggers’) in the environment.
Uses / Instructions
Adults aged 18 years and over:
Spray two puffs into each nostril once daily.
Once your symptoms have improved, you may be able to reduce the dose to one puff into each nostril once daily.
If your symptoms are especially bad, you may need to spray two puffs into each nostril twice daily until your symptoms improve.
See patient information leaflet for full details.
Do not use Pirinase Allergy:
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to fluticasone propionate or to any of the other ingredients.
• if you are under 18 years.
Take special care with Pirinase Allergy
• Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Pirinase Allergy if you have an infection in your nose or sinuses, if you have a high temperature or you have recently had surgery, an injury or ulcers in your nose.
• If your symptoms do not improve, or are not well controlled, after 7 days, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
• Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances, which could be caused by conditions such as cataract or glaucoma.
Like all medicines, Pirinase Allergy can have side effects, but not everybody
Very rare (affects less than 1 in 10,000 people)
Stop taking this medicine and seek immediate medical help if you experience:
• Allergic reactions. These may include developing a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or having difficulty breathing.
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
• Eye problems such as pain.
• Nasal problems such as pain and/or persistent bleeding.
Unknown (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
• Eye problems such as blurred vision.
• Sores in the nose.
Common (affects between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people)
• Unpleasant taste or smell.
• Dryness or irritation in the nose or throat.
Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
• Nose bleeds.
See patient information leaflet for more details.
Active ingredient Each spray contains Fluticasone Propionate 50 micrograms.
Other ingredients Dextrose (anhydrous), microcrystalline cellulose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, phenylethyl alcohol, benzalkonium chloride, polysorbate 80, purified water and dilute hydrochloric acid.
The bottle contains 60 or 120 sprays.