Who is Optibac Bifido & Fibre for?
For anyone looking to buy a friendly bacteria supplement with FOS for natural fibre.
- Each sachet provides 25 billion friendly bacteria + 4g of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres
- The billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Made with natural ingredients and does not cause dependency
- Bifido & Fibre is a synbiotic, which means it combines both live cultures and Fructoologiosaccharides (FOS) fibres
- Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres increase your levels of natural gut bacteria, in particular Bifidobacteria
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12® has been shown to stimulate immunological responses, such as immunoglobulins and cytokines1
- The International Scientific Association of Probiotics & Prebiotics (ISAPP) suggests a minimum daily intake of 3-5g of fermentable fibres, such as FOS fibres. One sachet of Bifido & Fibre provides 4g of FOS
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Recommended for daily use or as needed
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in two pack sizes of 10 or 30 sachets.
FOS may initially result in flatulence in some people. These effects are temporary and should stop as the body adjusts. If effects continue for 3-4 days, consider reducing the dosage.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
What makes Bifido & Fibre unique?
Bifido & Fibre is a safe, gentle supplement, suitable for use by everyone over the age of 1 year including children1, pregnant women2, and older people3. Bifido & Fibre contains 25 billion CFU of the friendly bacteria strain Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, an extensively researched strain proven to reach the gut alive4. In fact, this strain of friendly bacteria is thought to be the most highly researched strain in the entire Bifidobacteria family! It has been extensively researched in numerous clinical trials, including one of the largest clinical trials ever conducted on any friendly bacteria strain, where it was researched in 1,200 people5. In Bifido & Fibre, this strain is offered in a unique combination with 4g of fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), a natural source of fibre.
How many sachets should I take a day?
The most appropriate way to take Bifido & Fibre can vary from person to person, so may require some initial ‘trial and error’. It is recommended to start with one sachet a day and see how you get on. The number of sachets taken can be increased (one sachet at a time), up to a maximum of 4 sachets per day spread over the course of the day. This supplement can be taken with or without food and many people like to take a sachet with each meal, and one before bedtime, though you can see what suits you best.
If you decide to take a higher number of sachets initially, you may be able to reduce after just a week or two to just 1 or 2 sachets each day. Equally, it’s fine to use the supplement on an ad hoc basis as desired, or to take 1-4 sachets per day on an ongoing basis.
Is it ok to take friendly bacteria supplements every day?
Friendly bacteria supplements are generally considered very safe to take on a daily basis1. They are natural supplements and not a medication. Furthermore, the specific strain of bacteria in Bifido & Fibre (Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®) carries no risk of dependency and does not cause the bowel to become ‘lazy’.