DulcoEase Stool Softener helps to bring comfortable, stimulant-free constipation relief to gently relieve constipation and make bowel movements more regular.
How it works?
This soft gel capsule contains an active ingredient which works to add more water into the stool, to soften dry, hard stools, and help in easier bowel movements in 12 to 72 hours.
What causes constipation?
Constipation can be caused by several different conditions, and the cause is not always obvious. Constipation can be caused by several different conditions, which include:
- A lack of fibre
- Not taking in enough fluids
- Not exercising enough
- Ignoring the urge to go to the toilet
- A change in your diet
- Stress, anxiety, or depression
- A side effect of certain types of medication
In rare cases, constipation can be a symptom of a more serious condition.
Uses / Instructions
- Should take 1 capsule orally, up to 6 times per day. Initially, try 3 capsules per day, then adjust according to need.
- Reduce the dose when you feel more comfortable, usually within 1—2 days.
- Swallow whole with water.
Children under 12 years:
For use prior to abdominal X-ray: 4 capsules, as instructed by hospital.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- A sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking mineral oil
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- You need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
- You pregnant or breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this product if the safety seal under the cap is torn or missing
Like all medicines, DulcoEase can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects may occur with this medicine:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you get any of the side effects listed below:
Rare: affects fewer than 1 in 1,000 people
• Feeling sick (nausea)
• Stomach cramps
Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
• Skin rash
• Pruritus (itching)
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you get any of the side effects listed above.
Docusate sodium 100mg. Other ingredients: macrogol 400, propylene glycol, gelatin. glycerol, sorbitol, titanium dioxide (E171), water, colours (E104, E110).