Dioralyte Relief Blackcurrant is recommended for the replacement of essential body water and salts in the treatment of acute diarrhoea.
During diarrhoea the body loses water and salts and Dioralyte Relief Blackcurrant replaces these whilst at the same time helping watery stools return to normal more rapidly. Early use is important to avoid dehydration, especially in the young and elderly.
Uses / Instructions
Adults (including elderly) and children:
One sachet after each loose motion (watery stool) up to a maximum of 5 sachets per day for 3-4 days.
Infants aged 3 months to 1 year
should be given Dioralyte Relief Blackcurrant ONLY under medical supervision.
Dioralyte Relief Blackcurrant should NOT be given to infants under 3 months.
Infants under the age of 2 with diarrhoea should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. If symptoms persist and no improvement is seen after 36 hours you must seek medical advice immediately.
- Like all medicines, Dioralyte Relief can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- However, if you notice anything unusual, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You should not normally have any side effects.
- Stop taking Dioralyte Relief and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if:
You have an allergic reaction. The signs may include:
- a rash
- swallowing or breathing problems
- swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue