Careway Antiseptic 0.15% w/w Cream treats cuts, grazes, minor burns and other minor skin infections, as well as nappy rash, rashes affecting the moustache and beard areas, outer ear infections and ringworm of the scalp. The active ingredient is dibrompropamidine isetionate, an antiseptic which can kill certain types of bacteria and fungi.
- If you are pregnant, or think you may be pregnant please ask your doctor or pharmacist before using the cream. It may not be suitable for you.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. There are no known interactions with other medications.
Do not use Careway Antiseptic 0.15% w/w Cream:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dibrompropamidine or any of the other ingredients.
Take special care with Careway Antiseptic 0.15% w/w Cream:
- Do not use the cream for more than a few days at a time, as long term use can interfere with healing.
- The cream should not be used for long periods on young children.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have experienced allergies to creams or ointments in the past.
Careway Antiseptic 0.15% w/w Cream contains:
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- Castor oil may cause skin reactions.
- Cetostearyl alcohol may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).
If you have been told by your doctor that you are allergic to methyl parahydroxybenzoate, castor oil or cetostearyl alcohol contact your doctor before using this medicine.
Some people may have side effects when taking this medicine. If you experience any of the following side effects stop using the cream and contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately:
- rash, itching or redness at or around the area being treated
- rash, itching or redness on your fingers and hands after using the cream.
Dibrompropamidine isetionate 0.15%w/w.
Castor oil – virgin, Cetostearyl alcohol, Polyethylene glycol 600 monostearate, Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Silicone MS Antifoam A, Purified water.