Canesten Thrush Combi Pessary & External Cream gives you a twin-kit of products that can help treat thrush internally and externally. Both products contain the active ingredient Clotrimazole.
In this combo pack you will get:
- 1 Canesten Cream Clotrimazole 2% (10g)
- 1 Canesten Pessary
How do I know it’s thrush?
What is Canesten Cream for Thrush?
Canesten Thrush Cream Clotrimazole 2% provides external treatment for thrush and fungal infections. It contains 2% of the active ingredient Clotrimazole which promotes a healthy pH balance and reduces thrush symptoms of itching and burning.
What is Canesten Pessary for Thrush?
Canesten Soft Gel Pessary gives you effective treatment for thrush yeast infections. It works right at the site of infection and provides treatment in a single dose.
Canesten pessaries are teardrop-shaped soft capsules that can be inserted at night. It contains the active ingredient Clotrimazole which promotes a balanced pH and healthy bacteria and treats any signs of fungal infection and itching.
It is not recommended for use for children under 16.
Like all medicines Canesten Thrush Combi Pessary & External Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
As with all medicines, some people may be allergic to the pessary or cream.
Signs of an allergic reaction may include:
• Swallowing or breathing problems.
• Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
• Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint.
After you use the pessary you might experience:
• Itching, rash, swelling, redness, discomfort, burning, irritation, vaginal peeling or bleeding.
• Pain in the abdomen or pelvic area. After you apply the cream you might experience:
• Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling, redness, irritation or peeling of skin. If you experience any of the above effects, tell your doctor immediately.
See patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
The pessary contains Clotrimazole 500mg. It also contains lactose monohydrate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Lactic Acid, maize starch, povidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and hypromellose.
See patient information leaflet for full details.