Uses / Instructions
Take TWO tablets in water up to 3 or 4 times a day, if necessary, not more frequently than every four hours, to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Caution before taking Solpadeine Plus Soluble Tablets:
- Do not take with any other paracetamol – containing products.
- Do not take more than the stated dose and do not take every day for more than 3 days unless told to do so by your doctor.
- Contains codeine: regular use for long periods of time may result in symptoms such as restlessness and irritability when you stop taking this medicine.
- If you need to use this product all the time, see your doctor straight away.
Solpadeine Plus Tablets should not be taken if:
- You are sensitive to paracetamol, codeine, caffeine or to any of the other ingredients.
Please see your doctor before you take Solpadeine Plus Tablets if:
- You are taking metoclopramide or domperidone- used to treat nausea and vomiting.
- You are taking colestyramine- used to treat high cholesterol.
- You are taking medicines prescribed for depression (MAOIs).
- You have severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are taking anti-coagulants (drugs to thin the blood e.g. warfarin) and you need to take a painkiller on a daily basis over a long period. However, you can take occasional doses of Solpadeine Plus Tablets.
- If your headaches become persistent, see your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding:
Please see your doctor before you take this medicine if you are pregnant.
- You can take Solpadeine Plus Tablets whilst breast feeding.
- Medicines can affect the unborn baby. Always talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines in pregnancy.
- Do not use this medicine after the “Use by end of” date shown on the pack.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Like all medicines, Solpadeine can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. The most common side effect that can be experienced when taking this medicine is constipation.
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Severe abdominal pain, dry mouth, nausea and vomiting if you have recently had your gall bladder removed
- Nervousness, dizziness, irritability, drowsiness or restlessnesss
- Allergic reactions which may be severe, such as skin rash and itching or swelling of the mouth, face or shortness of breath
- Skin rash or peeling or mouth ulcers, itching or sweating
- Breathing problems
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Upset stomach
- Sudden weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Difficulty urinating
Each tablet contains the active ingredients Paracetamol 500 mg, Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate 8 mg and Caffeine 30 mg. The tablets also contain: maize starch, soluble starch, potassium sorbate (E202), polyvidone, purified talc, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.