Ibuprofen 400mg tablets
£2.79 – £4.59
Ibuprofen 400mg Tablets can be used by adults and children over 12 years to relieve symptoms of rheumatic or muscular pain, backache, neuralgia, migraine, headache, dental pain, dysmenorrhoea, feverishness, symptoms of colds and influenza. Not recommended for use by children under 12 years of age.
Ibuprofen belongs to a group of medicines called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which works to lessen inflammation and pain.
Uses / Instructions
Directions for taking Ibuprofen 400mg Tablets:
- 400mg (one tablet) to be taken up to 3 times per day as required. Leave up to 4 hours in between doses and take up to a maximum of 3 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Should not be given to children under 12 years.
- The tablets should be swallowed with a drink of water or milk.
Warnings before taking Ibuprofen 400mg Tablets:
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking ibuprofen, especially if you are allergic to ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Do not take if you are allergic to, or taking another pain killer, suffer from asthma, may be pregnant or receiving regular medical treatment.
- Do not take if you have a stomach ulcer or other stomach disorders.
The most commonly observed side effects are gastrointestinal in nature. These include:
- Peptic ulcers
- Perforation or gastrointestinal bleeding, sometimes fatal, particularly in the elderly, may
- Abdominal pain
- Ulcerative stomatits
Check the patient information leaflet for a more detailed list.
The active substance is Ibuprofen 400mg tablets