Like all medicines, Nurofen can cause side effects, although not everybody may experience them.
STOP TAKING THIS PRODUCT AND SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
Signs of intestinal bleeding.
- Bright red faeces (poo).
- Black tar-like stools.
- Vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
Signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Difficulty breathing or unexplained wheezing.
- Dizziness or faster heartbeat.
- Severe forms of skin reactions such as itchiness, skin rash with redness, peeling, flaking or blistering.
- Swelling of your face, tongue or throat.
Signs of kidney problems.
- Passing less or more urine.
- Cloudy urine or blood in the urine.
- Pain in back and/or swelling (particularly in the legs).
Signs of aseptic meningitis.
- Neck stiffness.
- Feeling sick.
- Being sick.
Patients with autoimmune disorders (lupus, mixed connective tissue disease) may be more likely to be affected.
Severe skin reactions.
- Skin rash.
- Swelling of lymph nodes.
- Increase of eosinophils.
See patient information leaflet for more details.