Lactulose Solution is a natural laxative and works by softening stools and promoting their movement through the bowel. It is a colonic acidifier and works by drawing water into the colon, which softens the stool and helps to produce a bowel movement.
This product is suitable for use by pregnant women, nursing mothers, children with constipation, people who recently underwent surgery, and elderly people or people with severe and/or chronic constipation.
Key Features of Lactulose Solution
- Natural laxative
- Softens stool
- Suitable for use by most people
Uses / Instructions
How to take Lactulose Solution:
- Adults: Take three 5ml spoonfuls daily.
- Children aged 5 to 10 years: Give two 5ml spoonfuls daily.
- Children aged 1 to 5 years: Give one 5ml spoonful daily.
- Babies under 1 year: Give 2.5ml twice daily.
Caution before taking Lactulose Solution:
- Use only as directed. Incorrect use could be harmful.
- If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
- The prolonged use of laxatives is undesirable.
Like all medicines, Lactulose can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following
side effects have been reported with Lactulose:
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• flatulence (wind)
• nausea (feeling sick)
• abdominal pain
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• electrolyte imbalance due to diarrhoea