Daktarin Cream provides treatment for fungal and associated bacterial infection of the skin and nails.
How will Daktarin Cream help to treat my fungal infection?
Every gram of Daktarin Cream contains 20mg of the active ingredient miconazole nitrate, which is an antifungal medication. This means that this cream works to treat fungal infections by killing the fungus and bacteria that cause them. It tackles the infection at its source, easing your symptoms fast and helping to keep the infection from coming back.
What are fungal infections?
Fungal infections happen when the natural yeast or fungus that lives on your body is given the right environment to grow and thrive. This fungus loves warm, moist environments, such as sweaty clothes or sports shoes, and when it grows in these conditions it can cause skin infections, known as fungal infections. You can experience these infections all over the body, but some of the most common areas include:
- The torso or trunk
- Hands or feet
- Scalp or outer ear
Uses / Instructions
Each time you use Daktarin Cream:
Wash the infected skin and dry it well. As many skin conditions are infectious, you should keep a towel and a flannel for your own use so that you do not infect anyone else.
For skin infections:
- Apply Daktarin Cream to the affected area twice daily, eg at night and in the morning.
For nail infections:
- Apply once or twice daily to the affected area. Rub Daktarin Cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers.
After applying the cream:
- Unless the infected skin is on your hands, wash your hands carefully to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas should be washed and changed frequently. Daktarin Cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes.
- Relief from the symptoms may occur quickly but it is important that you continue to use Daktarin Cream for up to 10 days after the symptoms have cleared to prevent them from coming back.
- If you forget to use your cream, do not apply the missed dose, but apply the next dose as usual and continue your course of medicine.
Daktarin Cream is usually well-tolerated. Rarely, irritation of the skin may occur. If the irritation is severe, stop using the cream and talk to your doctor. Very rarely, a severe allergic reaction may occur. If you develop swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, generalised itch and difficulty breathing, stop using the cream and contact your doctor immediately.
- In very rare cases, rash, itching, redness, swelling or a burning feeling can occur. If these following each application, they may indicate an allergy to the medicine.
- If your medicine affects you in any other way, you should tell your doctor or our pharmacist.