QV Cream is a rich, protective moisturising cream that replenishes the skin and helps to hydrate dry areas. It contains Squalene, a natural component found in the skin’s oil. This makes it ideal for areas prone to dryness like the elbows, knees, and hands. It can also be used to manage dry skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
There are many skin conditions that can cause dry skin:
- Eczema – causes the skin to become dry, itchy and uncomfortable
- Psoriasis – causes patches of red scaly skin that is sensitive
- Ichthyosis – causes widespread thick, dry, scaly skin
What causes dry skin?
Dry skin can be caused by both health and environmental factors.
Our skin has to cope with a lot of harsh factors in our environment which can cause dry skin. Variations in the weather can cause temperatures and humidity levels to drop, which can dry out the skin. Sources of heat, such as central heating, fireplaces and heaters can reduce the amount of moisture in the air which can cause the skin to dry out. Spending extended periods of time in chlorinated swimming pools or hot baths and showers with harsh soaps can strip our skin of its natural oils which can cause is to feel dry and irritated.
Key features of QV Cream
- Highly concentrated, rich, moisturising cream
- Seals in the skin’s own moisture to prevent water loss
- Contains Squalene
- Suitable for eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis
- Free from fragrance, colour, and lanolin
- Dermatologically tested