What is Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor?
The FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor is a blood sugar monitoring system that measures your blood glucose levels without the painful finger prickling. It offers an easy way to check glucose with a painless 1-second scan even through clothing. It now even comes with alarms to warn you if your glucose is too high or too low.
How does the Freestyle Libre 2 system work?
The system reads glucose levels through a sensor that can be worn on the back of the upper arm for up to 14 days, eliminating the need for finger pricking. It also offers optional glucose alarms to warn you if your blood glucose levels are too high or too low.
What are the features of the Freestyle Libre 2 system?
- The sensor is easily attached to the back of the upper arm. It can be worn up for 14 days.
- Excellent accuracy overall and even in the low glucose range, when it matters the most.
- Check your glucose anytime, anywhere with a simple 1-second scan even through clothing. Very convenient
- The new optional glucose alarms can be set individually according to your needs.
- Free from finger pricks to dose insulin. Free from finger pricks to confirm hypo or impending hypo.
- Free from finger pricks when glucose is rapidly changing.
What are the Benefits of the Libre 2 system?
- No more painful finger pricking and mess. So unlike traditional blood glucose monitoring where you can end up with a sore thumb, you can now get a blood glucose reading pain-free with the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor.
- Furthermore, the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor is made in such as way that there is minimal variation in the sensitivity of the sensors, and in terms, it means no calibration is needed as this is already taken care of by the factory.
- The blood glucose in your interstitial fluid is continuously being measured and being stored for 8 hours.
- It is weather-resistant meaning you can wear the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor for up to 14 days whilst you shower, bathe swim, exercise, or play.
Why British Chemist?
We source all our products either directly from the manufacturers or from their approved wholesalers so all our products are 100% genuine or usually we have the longest possible expiry because we order on demand and do not stockpile.