What are Care Decongestant Tablets?
Care Decongestant Tablets are a decongestant treatment that can help to clear your blocked nose. If your nose is blocked because of a cold, flu, or hay fever, these tablets could help to clear your airways so you can breathe more easily. These tablets are non-drowsy and sugar free, and are perfect for those who want to continue with their day with minimal disruption from the symtpoms of cold and flu.
What is the cause of a blocked nose?
There are many reasons why your nose may be blocked, it’s usually nothing to worry about and will go away on its own. When you have a blocked nose, the blood vessels in your nose are swollen, keeping you from breathing freely. Some of the most common causes of a blocked nose include:
- Hay Fever
How will Care decongestant tablets treat my blocked nose?
Care decongestant tablets contain an active ingredient called pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It works by reducing swelling in your nasal passages and reducing the amount of mucus you produce. This gives you more room to breathe easily, easing your congestion.
- Care decongestant tablets are not suitable for use in children under the age of 12.
- Do not take this product if you are allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of the other listed ingredients.
Do not take these tablets if you have:
- Severe kidney problems
- Heart disease
- Circulation problems
- High blood pressure
- An overactive thyroid gland
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have:
- Bladder problems
- Prostate problems
- Mild kidney problems
- Severe liver disease
- An intolerance to some sugars, as this product contains lactose
Like all medications, decongestant tablets can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. If you experience any of the following side effects, stop use and seek immediate medical assistance:
- Allergic reactions, e.g. difficulty breathing, fever, swelling of the mouth, lips, skin, or throat, severe rashes, itching, stomach pain
- Potential symptoms of AGEP, such as a sudden onset of fever, reddening of the skin, many small pustules
- Inflammation of the colon due to insufficient blood supply
Other side effects you may experience include:
- Sleep disturbances, being unable to sleep
- Feeling or being sick
- Skin rash, lumps, red skin patches
- Feeling anxious, irritable, or excited
- Difficulty passing urine
- Abnormal or rapid heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Poor circulation, e.g. cold hands or feet
- Dry mouth
- Mental disorders, although these are rare
The active ingredient per tablet is:
pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg.
The other ingredients are:
lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.